Monday, November 25, 2013

Some Updates on MY Life Which Might Affect YOUR Life

Hey team, I won't keep you for long. I know I already convicted you with my last post on laziness, so you're trying to have a productive day, and here I come along providing yet another distraction. Sorry about that. I just wanted to alert you to some cool things that are happening over in my world -- things that you'll probably want to be a part of -- and then you can get right back to crunching the numbers or whatever it is you do at work.

1. Dwell - An Advent Guide

Artwork created by Tim Bauer

Over the last month, I have been collaborating with Matt Popovits, lead pastor of Our Saviour New York, on this devotional guide for Advent -- the season in which we look forward to the arrival of Jesus on Christmas and reflect on what his birth (as well as his death) means for our lives. Matt has written a great foreword at the beginning of the guide that should definitely get you pumped for all of the messages ahead. Advent begins on December 1st, and I've written four long-form devotions for each Sunday as well as small daily reflections to read throughout the rest of the season. 

To take a gander at the guide, you can download it from this blog post from OSNY's website. It's totally free, and it's totally worth it for you and your family. 

2. Winter is On My Head

Artwork created by Tim Bauer
Winter is On My Head is a collaborative album which features music on the theme of winter (perfect for those of us who seriously cannot wait for Christmas to arrive). It's a completely volunteer-based program from some talented people who really just want to help make the world a better place. The proceeds from this year's album go straight to City Harvest, an organization that helps feed the hungry here in New York City. It's a wonderful project which includes some really fantastic music. You can download previous volumes on the website until Vol. 5 is released on December 2nd.

On December 6th, there is going to be an album release event at Our Saviour New York in Queens (92-14 63rd Drive, Rego Park). It will feature talented local musicians as well as some winter-themed storytelling from various comedians. I will be doing some singing (sometimes I make music with my mouth, guys! I wasn't sure if you knew that.) and some storytelling, so come check it out. The event starts at 7:00 PM and tickets are $10 in advance or $12 at the door, and each ticket comes with a free beer.

For more information, head to winterisonmyhead.com


3. Sponsor Avoiding Atrophy


Thanks to the good folks at Passionfruit, I now have an online store where you can easily purchase a variety of ad spots on Avoiding Atrophy! Just head to my Advertise page, and check out your options. If you're a fellow blogger looking to grow your audience, or really anyone who could benefit from some exposure, OR you just love the site and want to make a contribution, you'll want to check this out. 

Click here to learn more! 


Alright, you've heard enough from me, guys. Now, come on, get back to work. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Is it okay if I go sort of away from the topic? Im tryin to read your post from my brand new Macbook although it wont show correctly (a few of the buttons are pretty much missing), any suggestions? Shall I try to find an fix for my browser or something? Thank you for the help I hope! Tashia x
    jeux cuisine

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts