Thursday, November 14, 2013

Throwback to My Halloween Costume

I realized this morning that I never posted my Halloween costume on here, and I'm kind of super proud of it, so that's ridiculous.

Here's the Instagram that rocked the nation:



If you can't tell, I was a piñata and Daniel was a "birthday boy". I snatched this idea up after seeing this lovely tutorial from Camille Styles. I kind of followed it, but I mostly winged it because I have zero patience.

I got a bunch of streamers and spent hours hot-gluing them to a cheap little shirt-dress. The second I put it on my body, it all fell apart, and after a mini breakdown, I just decided to put it back together while I was wearing it. It was quite a process, but this was the final outcome.


That's a piñata, right?

We spent the evening with Kermit, Harry Potter, and a warrior of sorts.


And we laughed a lot, and took blurry pictures on the B train.


 Aaaaaaand that was Halloween. Anyway, I just thought you should know.


What did you dress as for Halloween?

4 comments:

  1. That is such a cute idea! I made my husband dress up as Aladdin so I could be jasmine - he wasn't very happy about that. I may steal this idea next year - it's simple and adorable.
    New follower - Whit from Raspy Wit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I was wondering how you got your about me image thing on your blog. I can't figure out how to do it on mine...could you explain please? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts