Monday, September 8, 2014

So long, summer. You've been crazy.

That time I went to Governor's Island

Though I have been trying to deny it for a while, I guess it's time to call it. Summer is over, guys, and I for one am pretty bummed about it. Like, what the hell, summer? Why you gotta fly by like that? 

Summer has long been my favorite season by a landslide. It's got everything -- vitamin D, corn on the cob, sun-in, shrimp boils, peeling layers of skin, campfire smells, outdoor concerts, road trips, optimism, citrus. It's truly the best...or at least it WAS the best because, like I said, it's over now. Grab yourself a premature pumpkin spice latte and some fleece-lined leggings because things are about to get a bit nippy up in here.

I honestly don't know what to do with myself now that summer is no longer, so I'm just going to do what I always do in situations like these: reminisce. Below are a ton of pictures that you never asked to see but which feature defining moments from my past summer. Let's do this.

That time my hubs and I were served a heaping helping of paella at Barraca in the West Village, and Daniel made this delighted face about it...

That time I ran my first half marathon and all I got was a free bagel, a medal, and I guess my dignity...


That time I went to Alt Summit and made a bunch of bloggy fraaaaands...



That time Daniel regressed to an eight-year-old boy at Rockaway Beach...


That time OSNY threw a big ole block party for the good people of Rego Park in Queens...

That time I realized I was just as enchanted by Coney Island as this cutie on the Q Train...


That day where everything was just the living worst...


That time we saw Nickel Creek perform a free concert in our backyard at Celebrate Brooklyn...


That time I bought these sunglasses and pretty much never took them off the rest of the summer because, like, why would I...


That time this freak of nature appeared to me at a thrift store in Ohio...


That time these two freaks of nature celebrated their nuptials in Ohio...


That time this lobster roll from Red Hook Lobster Pound was the most heavenly thing I had ever tasted...


That time key lime pie won the day...


That time he couldn't keep his eyes off of me, or I couldn't keep myself off of his eyes, whatever...


That time I discovered my favorite window in New York City at La Maison du Croque Monsieur, and I decided to make it my summer office... 


That time my cat, Frasier, couldn't have possibly looked more like Jabba the Hut if he tried...


That time I realized this glorious oasis in Prospect Park was a hop, skip, a jump from my apartment...


That time I attended a gorgeous creative meetup hosted by Gilit of The Bannerie, Denise of Little Market Kitchen, and Alicia of Liebeshouse, and it was even more beautiful than you could possibly imagine...

Pictured here: the lovely Cyndie and Alicia (photo courtesy of Cyndie. Thanks, girl!)

That time we escaped...


That time hot, spicy ramen became the food of my summer for some reason, and I ate it so many times I lost count...


That time I went on an artist date to the MoMA and I was moved by this painting...


That time this pie from Four & Twenty Blackbirds became the answer to so many of my life's questions...


That time this unicorn, bless his heart, was trapped in a painting at The Cloisters...



 That time we realized that a view this peaceful actually exists in Manhattan...


 The time I celebrated my friend Clint's birthday with this DIY card featuring Christina Aguilera from her Dirrty days...


That time I traveled to Texas to take this not at all awkward selfie with my family...


That time these women warmed my heart at an impromptu coffee date at Austin Java...


That time Brooklyn street art seriously got it right...



Summer lovin', had me a blast. Summer lovin...happened so fast...

How about you? Was this a summer for the books, or are you kind of ready for it to be over?

2 comments:

  1. It was my first summer living near NYC. Beaches, rooftops, seafood, oh my. Congrats on your busy summer. To tell you the truth, I'm a little excited about my first autumn here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a delayed response, but girl, that sounds like you had a wonderful summer! I am welcoming autumn with open arms for sure.

      Delete

Popular Posts