Monday, October 21, 2013

Back to Brooklyn, Back to Blogging

Full disclosure: I have started writing this post multiple times in the last hour, and each attempt I have made has ended with me deleting everything and then walking to the kitchen to eat a pickle. I have now eaten seven pickles, so I feel like I should probably just shoot straight with you guys.

You may or may not have noticed that I sort of fell off the planet in the last couple of weeks. My last blog post was about how Feelings Friday, something that I invented without provocation, was canceled, so at that point, I'm sure you could already tell that I was pretty much checking out mentally.

The thing is...I've been busy. Really, really busy. Lame, right? I mean, that's really it. Worst excuse ever.

For those of you who read regularly, I am sorry I left you hanging for a while there. I mean, how can you ever trust me again? You can't. Let's be honest. Reading my blog is a little bit like dating this guy:


Sure, he might make some promises he won't keep. He might miss your birthday or leave you in a Denny's bathroom. He's an unpredictable, dangerous bad boy...isn't that part of the fun?

Actually, scratch that. Don't date that man up there. And don't think of my blog as an irresponsible biker boyfriend.

Instead, imagine reading Avoiding Atrophy as being happily married to this guy:


I don't know...I just feel like he's the reliable type. 

Anyway, here is a list of things I've been up to since I last posted. I assure you that I will expand on all of these things in the days ahead.

1. I completed my Improv 201 class at The Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre.

UCB logo

2. I've also been doing a little bit of stand-up here and there.

Looking SUPER comfortable in a cat-print button-down

3. I went apple-picking in the utterly lovely world of upstate New York.

Photo credit goes to Jess! This is my friend, Clint, and he's basically my brother.

4. I went home to San Antonio, Texas and ate breakfast tacos every single morning. 



5. I spent some much-needed time with my precious niece, Amelie. She is three-years-old and loves spider monkeys as well as talking about spider monkeys.



6. I had a reunion with some of my oldest and dearest friends.


7. I traveled to Austin, Texas and ate this outrageously scrumptious dessert from Salty Sow:

Don't worry. I shared it with my sister.

8. I spent a weekend of wedding festivities as the Matron of Honor for my sweet friend, Emily.

I definitely have more thoughts (and pictures) to share on this one.

9. I wore false eyelashes for the first time and made this face about it:



Anyway, I'm back in Brooklyn for another two weeks and then back to Texas for another wedding. Busy-bee-party-of-one over here, but I will not forget you in all of this. I'll try to make this blog more like the reliable jockey husband as opposed to the flakey biker boyfriend. You'll see, you'll see.

What did I miss while my head was in the clouds the last few weeks? 
Is Miley still doing stuff? I have no idea.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Christy! I have missed your blog. You should make a fall/winter book list! Who cares what Miley's up to. That would be a cool blog post about what you think of Miley!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts